Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My next fitness step

I made a big step today...I signed up for a 3.5 mile run. I'll be honest I don't know if it's for a cause or if it's just this thing that goes on in Chicago, but I'm excited. I've never really been motivated to do anything like that. Part of that motivation is because I've been so out of shape. I'm still not able to run a full mile without having to walk part of it, but I will hopefully be in a good position for the run. I think being there with all those people will definitely push me to keep going.

I'm also going to sign up for a small work sponsored March of Dimes 1.5 mile walk/run. It's not the official March for Babies, but it's a branch off that happens around my office complex.

My cardio workouts that my trainer has been setting for me are getting more involved and cardio focused instead of weight loss. So, today I bought myself a heart rate monitor. It should be interesting to see what it calculates my calorie burn is vs my what my bodybugg says. However, the main reason I bought it was when trying to walk/run on the treadmill...it's a pain in the ass to grab the hand sensors. It should be a huge help so I can make sure I'm staying within my heart rate zones.

I'm going to try to keep this updated more as long as I can escape from work. So for now, good night.

2 comments:

  1. I think its awesome that you signed up for a run. Have you considered the Couch to 5K (www.c25k.com) program? I am in the 8th week of training and I could barely run the 60 second intervals the first week had now I can run for 28 minutes straight. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that out. Right now my trainer is helping me get ready, but every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete