Sunday, March 28, 2010

Winding Down

So much for updating regularly right?

This week is my last week of personal training. I'm very proud to have made it through 10 weeks of training, but I'm scared of doing it on my own. My trainer makes working out fun and keeps me going even when I don't think I can. I have high hopes for myself though. I've learned a lot from my trainer. I'm also going to go back to using my biggest loser Wii game, getting ready for my 5k run, and try to keep up the same schedule I've been working out on for the past 10 weeks. I might even be able to do more.

The one thing that has been hard lately is trying to eat enough calories in a day. I'm averaging about 1400-1700 a day. My bodybugg goal is about 2250 and I just can't get to that. I eat the standard 3 meals and 2 snacks (sometimes 3) but I can't get up there and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions are appreciated.

This weekend has been a Biggest Loser Marathon on Fox Reality channel and I've been enjoying it. I realized something today while watching. The episode I'm watching now is the makeover/reunion. I'm down about 25 pounds and I think I look a lot different than I used to. I'm going to get a similar moment very soon. I haven't seen my parents since Christmas and I started (over) working out in late January. I think they'll be shocked/impressed with how I look, I know I am. I see myself in the mirror in the morning and can't believe that it's me.

I actually went and bought a few new shirts for work because my other ones are starting to look a little baggy. I bought XL shirts and I still think they're a little too big. Soon enough I'll fit into a large. I haven't fit into a large shirt for a longgggggg time. The other thing I realized today is that my current jeans are a size 38 and I need new ones because they're loose and I'm on the last notch on my belt. That means I need at least a 36, maybe even 34. I haven't worn pants that small for 4+ years. It's an amazing feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Well...I really pay little attention to hitting the caloric minimums, and focus only on the deficits.

    I think that there is too much misinformation about the dreaded "Starvation Mode". I've lost almost 60 pounds so far, never hitting a plateau, and seeing my BF% drop along with the scale weight all while eating above 1200 cals (yes, for a 6' tall, 42yo male), but no where near the recommended caloric intake.

    If; however, I was doing serious (and I do mean serious) strength training, I'd certainly increase the calories.

    In short, I think you are doing great and shouldn't be too freaked about hitting the caloric minimums. Your body will tell you how well you are doing with muscle recovery, muscle growth, feeling rested, energetic, etc. if you really weren't getting enough to eat.

    I used to have a PT as well...haven't in years. It can be done without one, but I know your fears...best wishes on continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I actually just wrote a blog entry about buying new clothes - not because I lost a bunch of weight - but because it just made me feel good to look good in some new clothes! Learning to take better care of myself and not depriving myself of new clothes because I'm not the right size yet is a piece of the puzzle for me.

    I'm boggled about calories as well. I just started ChaLEAN Extreme. Her calorie levels don't go beyond 1500 while my Bodybugg wants me to have 1800. My calories today average around 1400 - so not sure what to do here either. ChaLEAN is a weight lifting program mostly so - eh I don't know.

    ReplyDelete